The entire cemetery will be covered!
Thanks to the generous support of so many people, we’ve met our goal for this year!
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The event is rescheduled for 3 pm on Sunday, December 18, 2016.
Due to the temperatures, the ceremony will consist of a short prayer before wreath placement begins.
Please check back here or on Facebook, or call 701-390-9593 and listen for confirmed time via a recording before heading to the event.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The ceremony and event scheduled for Dec. 17, 2016 at 11 a.m. has been postponed. It has NOT been canceled. We will be covering every headstone at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery before Christmas, and we will have a public event to do it. Please follow our Facebook page for additional updates. We have a post there to get more information.
Like our Facebook page for updates.
Event Day Expectations
To know what to expect at the event:
- A timeline of the event and what to expect.
- Behind the scenes at the event.
- Frequently asked questions.
If you plan on attending the ceremony at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery:
- Please car pool! Parking is SEVERELY limited.
- Please respect parking volunteers, and park where they direct you. Anything else causes a safety hazard and is disrespectful to the volunteers.
- Dress warmly. This event is held outside in its entirety.
- Arrive about 30 minutes early.
- Do not park on the highway unless you are directed to. Even if other cars are there, please drive into the cemetery. There is room!
- If you sponsored a wreath, you will be allowed to lay your wreath first. The general public will follow and help cover the markers in the cemetery.
- If you sponsored and are picking up a wreath to take elsewhere, you need to get it between 11:30 and 12 at the maintenance building at the cemetery. We will not be there past 12:30.
Questions And Concerns
If you have any questions about the event, please read the Frequently Asked Questions page first. Do NOT call the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery.
If you did not receive a postcard from us in the past years, please contact us with your mailing address and we will add you to it.