Wreath sponsorship is now closed. We are very pleased that the entire cemetery is covered, and every grave site will have a wreath. This is all thanks to you!
This year’s event will be held on December 12, 2015 at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery, Mandan, North Dakota. The ceremony starts at 11 am. New this year is a shuttle that will run between the cemetery and the commissary at Ft. Lincoln.
Missouri River Golden Gloves has a bus and has offered to shuttle folks to and from the cemetery if you choose to park at the Commissary Building at Fort Lincoln. The shuttle will start at 9 am and run prior to and after the ceremony until everyone has been returned to their vehicles parked at Ft. Lincoln.
ND Parks and Rec / Fort Lincoln has offered the use of the commissary building prior to and after the WAA event and is aware of the bus traveling back and forth between the cemetery and the post.
Event Day Expectations
To know what to expect at the event:
- A timeline of the event and what to expect.
- Behind the scenes at the event.
- Frequently asked questions.
If you plan on attending the ceremony at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery:
- Please car pool! Parking is SEVERELY limited.
- Please respect parking volunteers, and park where they direct you. Anything else causes a safety hazard and is disrespectful to the volunteers.
- Dress warmly. This event is held outside in its entirety.
- Arrive about 30 minutes early.
- Do not park on the highway unless you are directed to. Even if other cars are there, please drive into the cemetery. There is room!
- If you sponsored a wreath, you will be allowed to lay your wreath first. The general public will follow and help cover the markers in the cemetery.
- If you sponsored and are picking up a wreath to take elsewhere, you need to get it between 11:30 and 12 at the maintenance building at the cemetery. We will not be there past 12:30.
Questions And Concerns
If you have any questions about the event, please read the Frequently Asked Questions page first. Do NOT call the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery.
If you did not receive a postcard from us in the past years, please contact us with your mailing address and we will add you to it.